The files I have changed can be found by looking for my initials:
fgrep JNP *on Unix. All changes are commented. (I have not, at this stage, put any files into the project library, but have left them for Steve.)
Briefly, the files I have changed are:
AUTORUN.LSP. I have generalised the index-lookup routines so they can be used on more than one index. There is now an access function
D-LookUpInIndex (word fn index)This looks for
wordin verb/index/, and applies
fnto the result, passing its result back.
ENTRCONV. This contains some routines called when compiling lexical entries which we have modified. The lexicon-building routine now constructs both the normal index, and the IFI. I have changed it to convert the surface forms and roots to strings so that when read back, they won't occupy symbol-table space. It also downcases the roots. Modify this file to change the format of compiled entries, or the way the index is linked to the entry file via file-positions.
KEYWORDS. This contains the file extension for the IFI file.
MAKELEX.LSP. This reads and parses the lexicon, and writes it out at the end. I made a minor change to fix a bug in the output routine. I also changed the way the incore-flag was handled: as previously implemented, it always got reinitialised before every call to
D-MakeLexicon, and hence had no effect.
MALOAD.LSP. This is the top-level MA file which loads all the others. I have made it loads
MORPHGEN.LSPtoo. Also, I have fixed the
implodemacro, at the suggestion of Alan Black. There was a bug which stopped
D-MorphemeConcatfrom supressing zeros.
MORPHGEN.LSP. This is the morphological generator.
PAROUTS. Changed how the incore flag was handled.
SMAFUNCS.LSP. This loads the word-grammar rules. I have modified it to load the generational ones too. I have also changed the incore flag again.
SMKWGRAM.LSP. I have modified this to compile the generational word-grammar rules.